BIKING | SKIING | BOARDING | HIKING | CHRONIC PAIN | INJURY | STRESS| ANXIETY
Scientists estimate that up to 90% of the brain’s normal workload is caused by the effects of processing routine external stimulation. Simply put it takes a lot of energy for our bodies to fight gravity, and operate our sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems which are responsible for the fight-or-flight response and the relaxation response. Modern research has thoroughly documented how chronic activation of the sympathetic nervous system by routine daily stressors is the hallmark of the modern stress epidemic.
Floating screens out these external physical stimuli, creating a pure state of “sensory” relaxation. Under these unique conditions, your body has a chance to restore its natural powers of self-regulation, while you simply lie back and rediscover the pleasure of a deeply relaxed mind.
The most consistent and widely experienced effect of floating is a sense of deep, lasting relaxation. As humans, we are often brought down by stressful sensory experiences. Managing the ever elusive work-life balance, in today’s multi-tasking instant gratification world can cause us to lose sight of the beauty and positivity that life offers in every moment. Floating is a way to pause all of these stressors for 90 minutes and provide the mind and body a needed space for relief and reflection. After leaving the pod, one often finds their tension eased, optimism restored, and the ability to appreciate the richness of life revived.
Floating Up & Away: Experiencing Sensory Deprivation:
This is a short list of some of the benefits reported by researchers and floaters:
- Used by athletes to visualize and improve their performance, prevent injury, speed recovery & reduce fatigue.
- Relieves pain of multiple types whether caused by an acute injury, physical exertion or a chronic condition – including tension-related muscle pain, fibromyalgia, arthritis, migraines.
- 2 hours of floating is more restful and restorative than a full night of sleep; alleviates insomnia and jet-lag.
- Promotes relaxation, reduces stress, and deepens meditation.
- Diminishes depression, anxiety and fear; facilitates freedom from habits, phobias and addictions.